At Calandra Contracting, our clients know what to expect because our straightforward process helps them take the guesswork out of remodeling and home improvements. No matter how big or small your project is, we will work closely with you from beginning to end to make sure that your job is managed professionally and completed successfully. You can trust us to get the job done and done right.
Whether your home is in need of a quick repair or a major remodel, our process always begins with a phone call. We listen carefully to your needs in order to determine how best to meet them, because the process for a simple repair is very different from the planning needs of a remodeling project.
Here’s how we work:
Phase 1: Preliminary Assessment
- Initial Consultation
- We discuss your home and your goals for your project.
- We establish a budget range for meeting the project objectives.
- We set an appointment to meet with you in your home at your convenience.
- Meeting Preparation(Things to Consider)
- Know your budget range.
- Note your needs, wants and priorities.
- Establish the “value” of your project.
- Determine the scale of your remodel.
- Define your style.
- Gather product and design ideas.
- Consult with a design professional.
- Consider project timelines.
- Plan for contingency accommodations.
Phase 2: Estimating Your Proposal
- No Obligation In-Home Meeting and Evaluation
- We review your ideas to get a clear understanding of your vision and goals.
- We evaluate your existing space to determine the feasibility of your project.
- We review our process for estimating, managing, and completing your project.
- We take pictures and measurements of the project area and sketch existing floor plans, as needed.
- We explore various design options with you and/or your design professional.
- We make basic product selections and/or allowances.
- We review the plan/site with trade professionals and sub-contractors to obtain their preliminary bids.
- We use these findings to present an estimate that we discuss with you.
- Project Proposal
- We develop a detailed project plan that includes basic allowances for materials.
- We refine product specifications and allocations for the plan.
- We finalize bids from trade professionals and sub-contractors as needed.
- We determine permit outlays, as needed.
- We estimate a timeline for project completion.
- We prepare comprehensive construction contract.
- We present the plan and contract to you as a proposal.
- We provide a payment schedule with options and obtain a deposit as specified.
Phase 3: Project Management
- We set a date and time for the work to begin.
- We take all reasonable steps to secure and protect your home and belongings.
- We provide top quality service and craftsmanship for every detail of your project.
- We communicate with you immediately if any unexpected issues or changes in work schedule arise.
- We meet with you to create a punch list for project completion, as needed.
- We complete all items per contract and clean up the job site.
- We conduct a final walk through for your approval and accept final payment.
- We complete everything on your to-do list on time and on budget.